Piano Sales Los Angeles
An example of our Pianos For Sale:
1953, SATIN EBONY
- Soundboard—hybridized Dale Erwin custom board with rescaling, new bridge design, rib-crowned and supported, custom rib height and composition,
extended bass cutoff and treble “fish,” custom diaphragmization (thinning the board in various places) additional treble tonal coupling via mass solid-wood bracing between rim and belly and removal of the original “bell” tone coupler
- Bridges—30-year air-cured rock maple, quarter-sawn, new to the root, hardened steel bridge pins, West Systems epoxy used as pin-driving fluid
- Damper and pedal system—dampers, back action, pedal lyre and all mechanisms are new and custom-fitted, with the back action (damper action) perfectly aligned geometrically with the keyframe
- Action—New keyframe, keys, and action rails; Renner whippens, shanks, and flanges, with Wurzen AA-felted Renner Premium Blue
hammers; component-balanced via the Stanwood protocols with idealized key and action ratios
- Finish—by Classic Woods, done in true black lacquer, many coats, hand-rubbed, with replated hinge fittings, new leg fittings; plate is painted with proprietary bronze powders, hand-lettered in the vintage “outline” style
A different kind of piano for sale:
STEINWAY 5’11” ebony grand piano model “L,”
serial #246217, with matching bench—
The piano, manufactured approximately in 1926, has a bright, even tone over the entirerange of the keyboard and an average decay time. The soundboard is without cracks or pressure ridges and though it has a positive crown there is a dip in the middle octaves.
The pinblock appears to be fine as do both bridges. The action is responsive but old, consisting of all its original parts.